The e-Shram portal was launched in August 2021 by the Government of India to create a centralized database of unorganized workers in the country. If you are an unorganized worker and want to apply for an e-Shram card online, you can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the e-Shram portal: Go to the official e-Shram portal at https://eshram.gov.in/ and click on the “Register Now” button on the home page.
- Enter your details: You will be directed to a new page where you need to enter your personal and work-related details such as name, date of birth, gender, educational qualification, work category, mobile number, and Aadhaar number.
- Submit the application: Once you have filled in all the required details, click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
- Receive the registration number: After submitting the application, you will receive a registration number that you can use to check the status of your application.
- Get the e-Shram card: Once your application is approved, you will receive the e-Shram card that will contain your unique ID number, personal details, and work-related information.
Note that you can also apply for the e-Shram card through your nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) or e-Shram Seva Kendra. You will have to provide the required documents such as Aadhaar card, bank account details, and a recent photograph to complete the registration process.
What is the use of e Shram card?
The e-Shram card is a digital identity card for unorganized workers in India that was launched in August 2021. The card is intended to help create a centralized database of unorganized workers in the country and to provide them with various benefits and services. Here are some of the main uses of the e-Shram card:
- Identification: The e-Shram card serves as a digital identification card for unorganized workers in India, and it contains the worker’s personal and work-related information, such as their name, age, gender, occupation, and educational qualifications.
- Access to social security benefits: The e-Shram card is expected to help unorganized workers gain access to various social security benefits and welfare schemes that are provided by the government, such as health insurance, pension, and maternity benefits.
- Banking and financial services: The e-Shram card is also expected to help unorganized workers access banking and financial services more easily. With the e-Shram card, they can open a bank account and avail of various financial services.
- Skill development and training: The e-Shram card is expected to help unorganized workers access skill development and training programs that can help them improve their skills and increase their earning potential.
- Employment opportunities: The e-Shram card is also expected to help unorganized workers find employment opportunities more easily. The government plans to use the database of unorganized workers to match them with employers who require their skills and services.
Overall, the e-Shram card is intended to help improve the socio-economic status of unorganized workers in India and provide them with various benefits and services.
Who is eligible for the E Shram card?
The e-Shram card is designed for unorganized workers in India, who are not covered under any formal social security schemes or do not have any access to such schemes. The government has defined unorganized workers as those who work in the informal sector, such as construction workers, agricultural workers, street vendors, domestic workers, and other similar occupations. Here are the key eligibility criteria for obtaining an e-Shram card:
- Age: The worker must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for the e-Shram card.
- Occupational category: The worker should be engaged in any of the specified 14 occupational categories, such as construction workers, street vendors, domestic workers, and rickshaw pullers, among others.
- Work-related documentation: The worker must have some work-related documentation, such as a job card or a wage slip, to prove their engagement in the specified occupational category.
- Identification documents: The worker must possess any of the specified identification documents, such as an Aadhaar card, voter ID card, or passport, to establish their identity.
- Bank account: The worker must have a bank account to receive the benefits and services associated with the e-Shram card.
Note that the e-Shram card is voluntary, and unorganized workers who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the card to avail of the various benefits and services provided by the government.
e shram card download
Once your e-Shram card application is approved, you can download your e-Shram card from the official e-Shram portal. Here are the steps to download your e-Shram card:
- Visit the e-Shram portal: Go to the official e-Shram portal at https://eshram.gov.in/ and log in using your registration number and password.
- Access the e-Shram card: After logging in, you will be directed to the dashboard. Click on the “Download e-Shram Card” option on the dashboard to access your e-Shram card.
- Download the e-Shram card: On the next page, you can download your e-Shram card by clicking on the “Download e-Shram Card” button. Your e-Shram card will be downloaded in PDF format.
- Take a printout: Once the e-Shram card is downloaded, you can take a printout of it and keep it for your records. You can also save the e-Shram card soft copy on your device for future reference.
Note that you need to have a valid registration number and password to log in to the e-Shram portal and download your e-Shram card. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the “Forgot Password” option on the login page and reset your password using the registered mobile number or email ID.